The renovation of Klein’s Apartment House built in 1900 became the first investment project of RESTAVRACIA N.
Roman Klein was one of the most popular architects in the late 19th and early 2-th century. It is he who built the Museum of Fine Arts (now the Pushkin Arts Museum), the Muir and Mirrielees department store (now TSUM), the Borodinsky Bridge and dozens of apartment houses for rent. From the stylisation and eclectics of his early works, he came to the Neoclassical style. After the revolution, the three-floor mansion designed by Klein in Olsufyevsky Pereulok was subjected to the fate of most apartment houses for rent – it was converted into communal flats. By the time when its overall renovation was started in 1993, the building was in a deplorable state. Our work resulted in an unusual and new, for the mid-1990s, private luxury residential house with large spacious apartments, a nice front entrance and modern utilities. The structure exemplifies typical high-quality Moscow architecture: a symmetrical composition highlighting the front entrance, and remarkable preserved details of fa?ade decoration, such as rustication, porticos and cornices. The successful implementation of this project gave a start to the long-time successful business of RESTAVRACIA N.
Bld. 1, 6, Olsufyevsky Pereulok, Moscow